Monday, February 8, 2010
Imagery, Symbolism, and Propaganda
Have you ever noticed, in news photographs, that the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), in public, only use American-made M-16 rifles? Do you know why? Because Israel wants the world to know that they are backed by the U. S.
This is a rather shrewd propaganda move on the part of the Israeli government: every time we see IDF soldiers, we see them as, what appears (to us) to be, “the good guys”: ourselves (i.e., the U. S.).
This imagery suggests to our minds a symbolism of good versus evil: the Israeli’s appear, to our subconscious, as “the good guys”, because we see those M-16’s, and the Palestinians appear, to our subconscious, as “the bad guys”, because we see those AK-47’s; which “the bad guys” always have.
During the Cold War, we had the NATO Alliance, including, especially, the U. S., with our M-16’s, versus (what was then known as) the Warsaw Pact nations, including, especially, the U. S. S. R., with their AK-47’s. In short: “the good guys” versus “the bad guys”.
This symbolic, propagandistic imagery has been used, for years now, by the Israeli government to subconsciously implant within our minds the image of themselves as “the good guys” and the image of the Palestinians as “the bad guys”. And it works, doesn’t it?
The IDF has much better assault weapons to use than the M-16 rifle. The Israelis are expert weapons designers and manufacturers; the IDF only uses the M-16 rifle, in public, for the purpose of propagandistic imagery. In secret, like on secret missions, away from the cameras, they use their own, superior Israeli-made weapon: the Galil.
The M-16 IS NOT a great assault weapon. I know, because I’ve used one. The AK-47 is—BY FAR—the superior assault weapon. I know, because I’ve used one. The Israeli-made weapons are even better, so I’ve heard, but I’ve never used one myself.
So wake up America! And see this imagery for what it really is: propagandistic symbolism, which operates on the subconscious level.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (65)
- The Peril of Perverted Political Perceptions
- Broken Government: A Call to Action
- Corruption, Cocaine, and Murder
- U. S.-Backed Israeli Terrorism
- Our Politicians in Washington Are Leading Us to (L...
- Israel Did NOT Keep God’s Covenant
- Triple Cross: How Much Did the FBI Know Before 9/1...
- American Christians and Israel’s Brutal, Murderous...
- Ideas and Solutions for America’s Problems
- Washington Politicians: The Brood of Vipers
- The 2011 Federal Budget and Deficit Spending
- Blood For Oil?
- Imagery, Symbolism, and Propaganda
- "Same-Sex Marriage" and "What Does the Acronym 'LG...
- Gen. Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. - A True American Her...
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and His Upcoming 9/11 Trial...
- More on the Word: "Fornication"
- What Does the Word “Fornication” Mean?
- The Perils of Being Given Over to a Reprobate Mind...
- Populism: Then and Now
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2009 (42)
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
- Movimiento Por la Paz con Justicia y Dignidad
- Remember Building 7
- The National Security Archives at GWU
- Borderland Beat
- Martin Luther King Jr Online
- Mark Dankof's America
- We Hold These Truths
- History World
- Global Warming: A Chilling Perspective
- Russell Means Freedom
- Big Brother
- Public Intelligence
- Democracy Now
- Gary North's Website
- Online Journal
- The Progressive Review
- Revolution News
- The Nation
- Find Law (Cases and Codes)
- Narco News
- Peter Lance
- CIA (Cocaine Importing Agency)
- First Things
- Judicial Watch
- Libertarians Info Guide
- Marxist Internet Archive
- PSL Web
- Guide to Literary and Cultural Theory
- Lew Rockwell
- Internet Mental Health
- Internet Archives
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Facebook And It’s Connections To The C.I.A. And D.A.R.P.A.
- Complete 9/11 Timeline
- Peter Lance's 9/11 Timeline (1981 - 2006)
- 9/11 as coup d'etat
- Patriots Question 9/11
- 9/11 - Stranger Than Fiction
- Review: JFK and the Unspeakable
- Martin Luther King Assassination Conspiracy Exposed
- Did the CIA Kill Bobby Kennedy?
- Bill Quigley's article: Time For a U. S. Revolution - 15 Reasons
- Gary North's FREE Christian ebooks
- NTS Online Christian Library FREE Christian ebooks
- My book is also available as a FREE ebook from Scribd
- My review of the film Stander on IMDb
- My review of the film The Hurt Locker on IMDb